Grouper with Sweet and Sour Sauce
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice, reserved from canned pineapple
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
Grouper is a firm fish and be can substituted with all snappers.
- 4 7-ounce grouper fillets
- Peanut oil for lubricating fish and greasing grill
- Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Make Sauce: Combine cornstarch and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Mix in remaining ingredients except pineapple and pepper. Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 11/2 minutes, stirring constantly. Mix in pineapple chunks and pepper cubes. Remove sauce from heat. Reheat sauce when ready to serve.
- Grill Grouper: Brush grouper fillets with peanut oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Arrange fillets on prepared grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn fish over and continue cooking about 2 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested.
- Place grouper on a serving platter and drizzle with warm. Sweet and Sour Sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; serve with rice.
Yield: 4 servings