- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound scallops (or shrimp)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
Rinse scallops and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add scallops. Cook until scallops done. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add scallop mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.