- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 (8-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Orange slices for garnish
In a small saucepan, melt butter and sauté the onion over medium heat until soft. Add marmalade, teriyaki sauce, orange juice, ginger, curry powder and diced habaneros; Heat through (set aside and keep warm).
Coat tuna steaks with cracked pepper. Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat; sear tuna to desired doneness, turning once. Cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare center; 3 to 5 minutes each side for medium center; 5 to 8 minutes each side for well-done center. Spoon the orange teriyaki sauce over steaks in the pan to glaze or spoon sauce onto plate and place tuna on top. Garnish with orange slices.